Goddess of Wanton Love

Disclaimer: These are not the days of my life. Come hither. Look closer. You may find yourself in here. The Goddess welcomes you to her temple.

Monday, May 8

Momo-Pyaar

Years earlier, I had seen this ad in HT, about how your kid was all drinking this smart breakfast drink which made him smarter…so smart that he pointed out typos in the newspapers. And yesterday, I saw the mother of all typos, in the same newspaper. Well, the mother, because it was directly applicable to me for all the digs I have to endure courtesy my blog identity. The review was of a new Chinese restaurant in Delhi, which apparently serves yummy-my-tummy WANTONS!!!!!

Ok, so I have opinions, I let loose on this blog, but I’m not that concerned a citizen that I’ll shoot off a mail to HT. (I did think about it, but naah.) But I am pretty sick of being jeered at with the name ‘goddess of momo-pyar’ by my smart-ass kid brother, and lots of other creatures who think I look chinky, so I must be talking momos. So once and for all, you lesser mortals with no sense of spelling, and especially HT,

WANTON = willful, unjustifiable, licentious, wayward, immodest

WONTON = what Sanjay Dutt needed to identify his captor in some godawful movie I saw last year. What was that again? Yeah – Zinda.
SO,
WANTON ≠ WONTON

I don’t think I’m ever eating WANTONS again!

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown offered...

hey zinda was not so bad...om they copied a korean movie frame by frame and gave it an ending which was more palatable to indian tastes..but it was different from the crap which is being shown these dayz...
besides i remember u drooling over john abraham when we watched the movie...

1:07 PM  
Blogger Achtlandia offered...

@nishith,

john abraham deserves it :-)

1:12 PM  
Blogger ichatteralot offered...

Thanks for dropping by! I get so bugged when recipes mention wonton wrappers - cant seem to find them anywhere!

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous offered...

Zinda was crap, copy and a bad copy.

And we thought the Goddess was in hibernation!

We say, we were wrong!

7:06 AM  
Blogger Wild Reeds offered...

:-)

1:19 PM  
Blogger that girl in pink offered...

maybe the wonton was of wanton charachter. and was seen consorting with other wontons, noodles and sauces.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Achtlandia offered...

@ pink,

never thot of that!!! u r too good! but bad, bad wonton!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Sue offered...

Hey, landed up here surfing around. You might be amused by what JAP had to say about typos at his place at sadoldbong.blogspot.com.

Why do you read HT anyway?

3:48 PM  
Blogger Achtlandia offered...

@sue,

yo! welcome to mah temple!

checked out JAP already...fellow bongs afta all...

and HT? well, delhi dudette, so grew up thinking TOI=trashy tabloid...but am open to suggestions...

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous offered...

I dont think you look CHINKY..and it is actually a derogatory term.
You can call a bengali as Bong coz he is from Bengal but there's no such place as Chinkiland..and ya,dont come up with China for heaven's sake coz even Japs,Tibs,Koreans are labelled as Chinki.So-goddess,pls filter your words.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Achtlandia offered...

@anon,

it is obvious you know me personally, although I cant place you. However, welcome to the temple. The chinky look comes only when I stretch the corners of my eyes to grotesque positions. And it is public opinion which I have turned to. Derogatory? Since when? Ever heard of a term called ‘slang’? both ‘chinky’ and ‘bong’ come under that term. And even if it derogatory, why the hell should it bother u if I’m using it on myself? So anon, pls get a life.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home